Tomorrow evening is the French KDE 4 Release Party in Toulouse, if you're from the area, please join us, either for the conference on Friday with Aaron's Keynote and food and drinks or on Saturday. Several key KDE developers will present KDE 4 in depth all day long: CMake, Qt, Plasma, KIO, Phonon, Solid, the French translation team and KDE-Edu (guess who's gonna do those). If you live in the area, even if you're not a KDE user, it'll probably be interesting to discover how such a big project lives and how so many different people achieve to develop this nice piece of software.
As I think about it, I'm very lucky to be have landed in France near Toulouse where the Linux User group Toulibre is so active. Apologies for my lack of involvement since September though, family management prevented me to participate to most meetings.
I'm finalizing my slides (Latex Beamer), the Translation talk had been reviewed by the French l10n team, thanks to them!
Since the 4.0.0 Release I did not achieve much on the coding side. I was busy updating the Edu website then doing some 4.1 planning. We posted some Junior Jobs tasks regarding KDE-Edu. You don't need to be a developer to get involved! For example, Stephanie, Jeremy's wife, started contributing to KDE-Edu by updating and improving some KTurtle demos. Then she wrote and put together the Edu Tour on the website. She also coordinated the transcript of Aaron's talk as we needed it for the Toulouse event. Amazing work Stephanie, warm thanks! So, yes, you, dear reader, can be invoved too! There are design tasks, icons, videos, doc tasks! Writing as little as a few lines for updating a doc will help. Thanks in advance.
I also updated the techbase Plasma tutorial to make it par with the latest API so if you want to get started on developing an applet, it's a good tutorial!
Finally, warm thanks to Jeremy and Jason who represented KDE-Edu at the release Event!
1 comment:
You Rock! Good luck on your presentations Saturday.
Post a Comment