Yesterday I indicated how one can participate to KDE 4.9 Beta 1 testing phase. There is indeed a Live CD available at http://susestudio.com/a/tAWYe6/kde-plasma-daily
We are prioritizing the testing of new applets, new applications and new features and we have functional tests ready to be used. Please read my previous post to learn more about this. Janek was the first person doing a functional test of the Now Playing applet and sending a report to the Quality mailing list. He opened 2 bug reports following his tests. Thanks a lot Janek!
Testers test and report bugs. Reporting good bugs is compulsory if we want devels to fix them. We need to make the developers focus on the most important bugs. Stating the KDE version in the "Version:" field in a bug report is compulsory. If you identify a regression, you can add the word "regression" in the "keywords" field. This will help targeting specific bug reports as a priority to be fixed.
I am pleased to report that some bugs have already been fixed and we triaged lots of bug reports, especially in Plasma. I'd like to thank all the users who take time to report bugs and who took time to answer our questions about older reports. We were pleased to see that lots of bug reporters care enough to help us having precise bug reports which will lead to better and quicker fixes.
The Quality Team will conduct a bugzilla training this week-end on IRC in #kde-bugs (freenode) (June 9th and 10th). We will also be available to help people wanting to be part in testing in #kde-quality. Do not hesitate to join if you can spare a bit of time for KDE.
I also invite all developers to join this training in order to use bugzilla more efficiently!
3 comments:
Just want to send a big THANK YOU your way annma. This is a very cool initiative and I (and all other KDE users) appreciate it a lot!
So thank you and all testers for making this the best release ever!
(and yes I will do some testing myself ;-) )
Very cool initiative indeed! Keep rocking people :)
I've downloaded both the VMDK and the ISO now, both were corrupt and unrecognisable. But possibly that could have been a problem with rekonq/kget. I'll try with Firefox.
Post a Comment