Friday, March 11, 2005

Map of your HEAD

OK, this week I am back into KDE work after the half term holiday with the kids. I am finishing rewriting KLettres and got a usability review from the Open Usability team. This is great timing and I already implemented most of the suggestions locally. Before committing to cvs, I only need to be sure about the data location. I wanted to clean the installation but I am tied with KNewStuff installation data for 3_4_BRANCH. Changing the way it works will need also having a new KNewStuff download dir which is not very smart. I also got the spanish sounds for KLettres, the guy who sent that said he is doing a Kid Live CD in Spanish.
The Edu team is quite lively, Carsten has plenty of ideas for Kalzium, Trenton committed his latest code for KMathTool in kdenonbeta, KGeography is taking shape really nicely. Also thanks to Pino who updated edu.kde.org!
I am also updating the KSirc doc and will try to add some QWhatsThis help in the configuration dialog. There is always something to do in KDE, some tasks of course are less thrilling than coding but the release quality will rely on the boring tasks been done (tooltips, qwhatsthis help and up-to-date docs).
This morning startkde did not start and my heart stopped beating as I only have KDE HEAD on my laptop. After updating kdelibs and kdebase from tty, it started again! I was worried, especially with all that KLettres code waiting locally!

No comments: