I had to reinstall my Linux distro on my laptop today. A few days ago, I foolishly decided to make room for SVN sources and thus sent a few 100 Mb to the trashbin. However, while it made space in /, it filled my /home which got stuck at 100%. After that my system began to get messed and probably while trying to fix it I made it worse (sometimes, the best you try the worse it gets, that applies to Real Life (TM) as well)). Problem: I have no new distro CDs as magazines are rare here (Canada does not edit any Linux mags). So I installed my Mandrake 9.2 while keeping /home untouched and after only 15 minutes got to boot in... KDE 3.1! I promptly used easy-urpmi to upgrade to Mandriva 10.2 (took around 45 minutes). So in 1 hour I got a brand new latest-stuff distro with a KDE desktop. Amazing, no? I am now in the process of recompiling KDE from SVN which will take a bit longer... Big thanks to Gumby and Hawkwind in #mandrake for helping me find the g++ package! You guys rock!
Fortunately I have also the latest KDE on a PC and I managed to fix some bugs in KHangMan for KDE 3.4.1 which will be out soon.
"We live out lives in private shells Ignore our senses and fool ourselves
To thinking that out there there's someone else cares Someone to answer all our prayers"
No comments:
Post a Comment