Wednesday, May 11, 2005

KMum

Long time without blogging, spring is there and even summer, it's amazingly hot here. Nobody said Happy Mums Day so I say it to all KDE mums and KDE people mums, it was last Sunday here. Awesome day for me, I did not cook and got all sort of nice attentions all day. Got a beautiful geeky card from my talentuous son, with plenty of references to KDE, free software, Tux... Leah also wrote with her best hand the kind of things that always brings some water in my eyes. She'll be 7 in 2 days and will have a party here next saturday.
We started today to outline ideas for a new KDE-Edu application targetted to 3-8 years old. It'll be for KDE 4 as we need to use some advanced teknology for it (for SVG support for example). All this is quite unknown in the sense of not being much used yet so I fear it's all a bit too advanced for me. But well, Danny, the dedicated KDE-Edu artist, has so many great ideas that I have to try my best to reach some of his expectancies. We had a very pleasant chat with WildFox who is such a nice guy, he very patiently answered questions about KSVG2 and KCanvas.
What else? SVN was setup as you know and big thanks to the KDE admins for their work. The move from cvs was smooth and as we had the SVN repository to play with before, it was easy to get use to the new commands. I did not make any big mistake yet...
As I am back in a Marillion mood, a short quote to finish:
"You provide the soul, the spark that drives me on
Makes me something more than flesh and bone"

1 comment:

cartman said...

Happy Mother's day annma! Shame on me I forgot to say it :(