Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Family Gal

Long time no blog so what am I up to? Mainly working with the KOffice team on the KOffice website and on some docs. KOffice is about to release version 1.4.2 which will see many bugs fixed. I ended up into KOffice via Inge Wallin (ingwa) who also works on KDE-Edu applications (hey, he cleaned my KHangMan code so I could not refuse him anything). I am very much interested in KOffice as I think it will be the office suite used in schools, when it is known to its real value. KOffice offers the most complete set of productivity components in a light and well integrated way. What is needed are more templates in my opinion so the user could immediatly start with any task he wants to do. The KOffice people are all very nice, they work in a team, testing things together, trying to find solutions, sharing ideas.
On the KDE-Edu side, all is very quiet as few of us started porting their app to KDE4. Pino (Kig) and Albert (KGeography, blinKen) are actively helping in kde4 work. KStars got a huge success at the Ohio Linux Fest.
My kids are all doing well at school (that means they are happy, not necessarily they have top marks ;) the 2 oldest will be on holiday for one week next week. They both study to get technical diplomas and they have a lot of hours at school plus lots of homework. But I am proud of the way they cope with it and when they are back on week-ends, they share their time with the 2 youngests, cooking, watching films... My son was 15 last week-end and he'll go to a paintball outside area next saturday with 4 of his friends, he is thrilled about it! Seeing them growing is the most amazing thing for us parents!

No comments: