I discovered today that Krita is way better than Gimp for the (small) tasks I need to do. Mainly some work on screenshots for docs I write or update. Krita is better in cropping part of a pic and saving it as an image. Krita is better in drawing rectangles on part of the screenshot. Krita is faster to run, Krita has more intuitive menus. Ah, that's it, I'm in love with it.
My kids have to use Photoshop at school but I said: no way, it is not free. They answered: well, you CAN get it for free (as in shared), mum. Yes, I know, but that's not that sort of freedom I am talking about, dear children. Joachim my son stopped the neverending discussion by talking about his PaintBall outing which was like playing the soldier and paint-killing enemies. Well, they don't connect that to real life...
I am currently working on KPresenter doc and so far KPresenter proved to be very stable. Only the zoom went a bit crazy, zooming from 117% to more than 4000% in one go.
So this blog is to convince you to try the next KOffice release, you will be surprised! And well, yes, of course KOffice is a KDE app!!! For me everything based on kdelibs is a KDE app in a sense, the way it is distributed does not matter so much.
Just finished reading "The Hungry Tide" by Amitav Gosh. Got totally submerged in it.
1 comment:
Somehow I found The Glass Palace difficult to get into but Amitav writes so beautifully that I'll carry on finding his books. When I lived in England, I came along all those amazing authors like Arundhati Roy...
Post a Comment