Friday, January 06, 2006

New Year Good Start

At the start of the new year I reinstalled Linux on my laptop to make room for KDE4 code as it was full from accumulating stuff. It took 2 days to reinstall everything and recompile KDE 3.5. I also got a wireless router so I had to recompile the kernel headers in order to load the driver with ndiswrapper. Thus I now have room for KDE4 although I need to plunge a bit into what's happening right now before starting doing things. The children are still on holiday so time is quite limited but at least with wireless I can move around the house and avoid the basement when my son invites his friends fro example! I am thrilled by Qt 4.1 and I'd like to try the new classes for SVG rendering for example.
We enjoyed quite a lot of snow lately here in Quebec and the temperatures are not too cold so it's all nice :-)

No comments: