It seems that the doc marathon a few of us were involved in is now finished! The doc freeze was lifted for the kde 3.5 branch from 19th to 29th December. I pushed to get the docs opened to correct typos and improve things and I was very glad to see our release dude deal with it as efficiently as usual. I am now very happy because I think it was worth it and several people worked very hard to fix docs. A special big thank you to Anders Lund who managed to finish the KWrite doc I started and he also updated Kate doc. He finished just on the deadline by adding a special chapter on Kate Javascript API and that required a lot of special marking. If you ever did some docbook editing, you know what I mean! Contrary to some people I hear saying that users don't read docs, I personally think they do read docs and I value good docs. Issuing bug reports for typos/outdated info/missing chapters in docs is a great way to have them fixed and here I want to thank Natalie who takes time to issue bug reports when she translates and this helps us to fix those docs very quickly and efficiently.
I am quite sure KDE users out there will be very pleased with 3.5.1 as numerous coding bugs have been fixed and the docs and GUI strings have been improved.
A Happy New Year to all of you in your real lifes and in the virtual world of KDE with the prospect of bug fixed releases for KDE 3.5 and the exciting KDE 4! As for me and my family, I already know 2006 will be a tremendous year bringing new changes in our life!
1 comment:
Well it was not really a doc marathon as such. It was the lift of the freeze for 10 days for docs and GUI strings and it was transformed for me in a sort of marathon due to Christmas and the holiday. I had some goals which I could not achieve for KWrite and Kate and Anders came to the rescue. In my mind it became a marathon!
Post a Comment