Sunday, December 11, 2005
Caring
A follow-up about Tom's post: I've not really been campaining myself for Make Poverty History as going to marches and such. I don't care if what Bob Geldorf says is right or wrong, if he gets the figures correct or not. I just care that he is raising issues we don't usually think about. I care that he wants each of us to do something. I care that in the country I live in, children are hungry. I care that I can buy Fair Trade products instead of generic ones. I care that I can limit my water and electricity consumption and lower my level of pollution. I care that I can vote (well, not now as I am not a Canadian citizen I cannot vote in Canada) for people who'll try to work for a better justice. I care that some people I personally know like my sister are working in Africa and by doing so they're making a tiny bit of poverty history. I care that even KDE-Edu and free software along with some charities are opportunities for helping some poorer part of the world getting the same access to education that we have. I believe that at my own level, I can make something change. That's what Bob is really wanting to achieve and I hope more and more people will care. And act.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment