Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bye QCanvas!

This is exciting. qt 4.2 will have a QCanvas replacement in the form of QGraphicsView. I can't wait to try it. Zach announced it. QCanvas was awkward to use and too limited, it seems that QGraphicsView is very promising.
I started to get into CMake by porting part of /playground/edu for KDE4 to it. While I learnt to hack Makefile.am with trial and error and the help of some KDE gurus, there are great docs for CMake, especially How to build KDE4 software located on the CMake wiki.
My poor laptop is overheating badly and just shuts down when it's too hot. Not that I am currently doing much work but I keep in touch with KDE4 API changes.
We will move to France at the end of June and we'll stay on holiday at my parents in Burgondy while our stuff will make its way through the ocean by ship. This will take 1 month at the best. Meanwhile, my husband is on parental leave for 4 months, spending most of his time on the phone dealing with various administrations. He also takes care of the housework which allows me to rest thus I feel great!
Little Miss Clarisse is quite a demanding baby who is only happy in someone's arms (mine preferably). She starts smiling and her brother and sisters are even more delighted with her. As she was born in Canada, she has dual nationality French & Canadian and she went to the photographer to have pics taken for her passports!

No comments: