Thursday, May 25, 2006

1 edu SoC (I had to do it)


Kdeedu got a Soc as KPhysics was selected! Thanks to Zack for mentoring it. We also got another proposal quite interesting which I hope will also be implemented for KGeography.
With Clarisse being fed every 2 hours (at least now she only has 1 feed at night), I don't have much time for anything kde-related but I got a new laptop yesterday, a Dell Inspiron 6400.
I'll set it up for Linux with a Mandriva as my husband bought Mandriva 2006 DVD earlier this year. Here in Canada we are limited to 20Gb/month download with our ISP which is not much considering we are 7 in the family (well, Clarisse does not download anything yet to be frank ;-) ). If we go up those 20Gb we have to pay... So I prefer using Mandriva as base and compile KDE 3.5 and 4. With a dual processor, this should be quite quicker than with my old laptop which overheated while compiling.
We found a house near Toulouse and we sold ours here in Canada so the move preparations are going well so far!

No comments: