Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Games ++

As you can have already read here on the Planet, there's a big buzz going on in KDE games! It's amazing how a dormant module somehow got a new life! KDE4 will be something really exciting, there's lots of hard work around. You can join the fun and share the excitement, you don't even need to be a developer. As Johann said, KDE games are small programs and I can assure you that the Games team is very welcoming and helpful. So please don't leave out those unmaintained games and adopt one, you'll never regret it. Artwork is needed as well as testing, writing docs, maintaining websites and so on.
I'll start to port KHangMan pics to svg (the code as I already have svg files for the Sea theme) and I also have to follow kdegames management and to open wiki pages in order to start a roadmap.
I hope to have a bit more time than I had so far. With a baby at home, it's a bit difficult to have a full working brain as there are only short bits of time I can use to work. A good news is that I got myself a new laptop and it was very easy to set it up, even wifi works out of the box. KDE 3 and 4 are running on it. The only clumsy thing for me is the French keyboard as I was used for 11 years to a English one. But some KTouch training should fix that!
To finish this post, have a look at how cute Little Miss Clarisse is (8 months now)! She already likes to randomly hit keys on the keyboard...

No comments: