I took the kdegames survey that Mauricio and Albert set up. Nice survey, I encourage everyone to participate, especially if you use kdegames. Personally I am not a gamer so I could not anwer about the KDE-games quality. I feel however that if the games are not maintained they should be moved out of kdegams for KDE4. My overall impression about kdegames is that they are a bit obsolete. And the website was left out for a long time! Some tutorials about games development would be good, what libs to use, ...
I'd like to move some kdeedu applications in a kdegames/kids category where KTuberling is currently. KHangMan, KAnagram, bliKen are good candidates.
Currently I am compiling KDE on an old PC which had a broken hard drive. It was replaced by a local guy who does hardware and software support. I got a 200Gb drive instead of the previous 80Gb, there's only 20 euros difference from 80 to 200. He looked a bit doubtfull at first when I told him I'd like the disk bare, without any OS installed (I looked like the average IT-clueless mum carrying my Clarisse and not at all like a geek)... But he uses Linux at Uni so I explained him I compile KDE.
I burnt a Mandriva 2007 CD to get a base install and I then used easy-urpmi to set the online sources. I then installed all dependencies as listed on the KDE 3.5 requirements page and now I am in the process of building KDE3. I do it from tty, the CD1 did not install KDE (only kdelibs and qt3 but not kdebase). The pain is to type everything without copy/paste...
No news from the police about my stolen laptop, I guess I can forget about it. I had plenty of TODOs and logs and some mails from friends in Quebec... I am trying to put my brain into high gear to write down (on paper!) some stuff I intented to do in the next weeks, mostly about KDE4 and KDE-Edu.
No comments:
Post a Comment