Monday, October 16, 2006

Burglary

This week-end we had to drive to Burgundy for 2 family events (1 in my family and 1 in my in-laws). It was great although tiring but when we came back yesterday evening at our new rented house near Toulouse, we found out there has been a burglary. My laptop is gone as well as small other things and our younger kids passports (even Clarisse Canadian Passport). Both my husband and son brought their laptops with them, my husband as he was the previous week in Austria for a meeting and my son to show his cousin some video. So they were lucky. As we drove 14 hours in total and stayed 30 hours only, I did not bring my laptop and did not think of hiding it in the garage (it would have been easy to drop it in one of the numerous boxes we have there)... Everything was properly locked in the house but the thieves managed to get in anyway.
Fortunately they did not take my USB backup drive (attached to the laptop) so I still have all my pictures except the latests which I did not back-up. I did not backup any of my KDE work, mail, log, ... I feel quite low as I already was without internet for all of the summer holiday and now I once again have to suspend my work in KDE...

No comments: