Sunday, September 09, 2007

Things I....

... am wondering about today:
- Why can't we save a document on both hard disk and removable media (USB key) at the same time?
- Frame engine: syndication or http?
- Frame: bundle a default pic with it in case there's no internet connection?
- When is the doc freeze?
- Why aren't all days Sundays?

... love today:
- KVocTrain is renamed Parley
- Going out this evening

... hate today:
- Have ironing to do
- Lots of mails to send
- Not doing anything useful except wondering about things

3 comments:

Unknown said...

- Why can't we save a document on both hard disk and removable media (USB key) at the same time?

Linux would not be Linux if there was no way. In fact, there are at least two ways: (kernel based) dm-raid or (user-space) rsync. Both solutions are non-trivial but straightforward to implement.

Unknown said...

- Frame: bundle a default pic with it in case there's no internet connection?

I think it's very good idea..

Or what about showing some backgrounds, which are already on hard drive..?

annma said...

@chithanh: yes, I did not think of rsync. My daughter wrote a 150 pages report on her shabby computer and I feared the laptop might have a problem along so I advised her to save on her USB key. Logically saving a document from an office suite on several medias seems convenient.
@milan: yes, showing default backgrounds pics is probably the best! thanks!