Saturday, April 26, 2008

April Toulouse KDE Monthly workshop

Thanks to Alexis [Darktears] we gathered again for our monthly workshop. Cyrille Berger from Krita fame joined and we were 4 steady people and others coming to say Hi like ervin, some without machines so they just chatted a bit and some to see what we do. We even had a user using this other Linux desktop but finding KDE 4 cool and also finding the idea of these hacking sessions cool and wanting to join next month and moving to KDE 4. Cyrille hacked on Krita, he also gave some info about KOffice, Alexis fixed the task manager (yeah, no more "black holes!) and filled me about the Plasma meeting and I made a few Plasma API review commits. I also worked on KAppTemplate which is nearly ready to move to kdereview (I have to finish the doc). I have to thanks "asraniel" who sent me a patch, his first KDE contribution and as I knew he wants to work on other parts of KDE I suggested he ask for a svn account which he got quickly. He fixed a few bugs in KAppTemplate and that allowed me to keep going and improve the GUI a bit. Welcome asraniel and thanks for your excellent work already!
A very productive Saturday!

No comments: