The Edu meeting we had in December 2007 was surely not productive in terms of commits numbers (refering to Paul's blog which I found quite puzzling), we did not had an outstanding number of commits. But it glued the team in a way that no IRC or email exchanges could have achieved. We have 8 GSoC projects accepted, one is Step author wife (who is already hacking on Step) and she'll start an Incredible Machine like game for Step, mentored by Carsten. I believe this was made possible by our meeting and I'd like to thank all mentors for their dedication. Welcome to all students!
I am certainly not very productive, having been on a 1 week dream holiday alone with my husband (thanks to Debs who looked after Clarisse and Léah!). I am currently rebuilding trunk on a USB disk due to space problems and bad partitions management.
I am quite behind for all applications I am maintaining and I am not sure to reach the deadline in 2 weeks for the new KAppTemplate. It needs some GUI tweaking, it's a QWizard, the first page presents the app, the second page lists the available templates (KDE4, PyQT4, PyKDE4, Ruby korundum). Then the rest is not finished, the 3rd page asks for some details like author and email and where to install, it needs a 4th page with some feedback on how the template installs... It's a really easy project with little code and if you feel you want to contribute to KDE this could be a great way to get started. The code is in /playground/devtools/kapptemplate, you need to
svn co -N .../playground/devtools/
cd devtools
svn up cmake
svn up kapptemplate
and run cmake in devtools build level then cd kapptemplate and build it. Thanks in advance!
No comments:
Post a Comment