
Here is the picture with some of its info. In the code (in MetaData class) I first set some tags and comment and rating to ensure the picture gets Nepomuk info. The metadata is extracted mainly from Exif and Nepomuk. You need both in order to build the example code. The code only gives the right applet with info, I displayed the picture along in a Picture Frame.
With Kinetic, the next to come Qt Animation framework it will be easy to flip the picture and see its back.
The code for the metadata info can be found here: http://drop.io/annmakde/asset/frametest-back-tar-gz.
The Frame code however needs a bit of cleaning before adding anything new and performance issue needs to be assessed by using threads and caching. I learnt how to use Valgrind and KCachegrind to profile the code. There is a very good doc about that, written by Olivier. He profiled the whole of Plasma while I profiled the applet in the plasmoidviewer.
I am polishing the TODO for the Picture Frame Plasmoid and will talk about it in the next days. There will be Junior Jobs for you to take if you want, from very easy stuff to more advanced. With test code as the one I mention here to help the KDE beginners! For example one of the JJ would be to extract the most useful information (I picked only random bits for this test).
The meeting is very productive and as we don't move to get our food we have a lot of time to hack! It's really efficient for me to get 4 days without my "mum tasks" and be 100% for KDE.
3 comments:
only a little idea i had, while i read this. maybe we can bring this feature to the backside of the picture frame? lets say, rightclick on the picture, it turns around and show the metadata, middleclick and it shows the metadata side by side. something like that.
i thought it would be good to write it here before i forget about it :D
I have a tag in digikam which I use to mark my favourite pictures. It would be awesome if I could say to the picture frame plasmoid: "do a slide show using all the pictures in my photo collection which have this particular tag".
Same goes for the Desktop Wallpapers in Slideshow mode.
hi, i love your applet. but would it be possible to add a feature to the slideshow that will restrict displaying images by orientation, so only either portrait or landscape images from a directory will be shown?
at the moment, a picture frame could show a portrait image one minute, and the next minute resize itself (and maybe go half off my screen) and show a landscape image...
Post a Comment