While Clarisse had chickenpox and then the other kids were on holiday for two weeks, develoment has been slow for me but I managed to finish a few tasks.
- Picture Frame widget: I gave the Picture of the Day various providers a good test and repaired those which were not working anymore. Marco "notmart" discovered that the Flickr one was constantly asking for kio processes and he fixed that. I added today the change of the picture when the day changes.
- Etienne "eti" who has been providing patches for several KDE areas got a svn account and implemented an auto-update feature on the Picture Frame for static pictures: the user can set the refresh time for his pictures.
Thanks to eti for all the patches he is committing, it's great to get new people into KDE development!
- I also got a contribution for KAppTemplate, the small program in kdesdk which generates templates to get you started in KDE programming (those templates being also used by KDevelop). Lindsay sent a Konq plugin template
which I tested and was working out of the box. It is now added to KAppTemplate, another example of a neat contribution,
thanks Lindsay!
- We also got a few patches for KDE-Edu programs, one from a developer who attended Akademy-Br, for KmPlot. Thanks
to everyone who makes the effort of submitting a patch!
- I am very pleased to make my débuts in GSoC in the form of a mentor. Adam from Poland is the successfull student for KHangMan, there was a lot of submissions for KHangMan and unfortunately only one student could be selected. Maybe the other students want to apply for SoK on another subject!
Adam will be working on KHangMan GUI, code refactoring and theme manager and I will do my best to guide him.
We got 8 students for KDE-Edu which is great and brings new code and new ideas.
There will be a KDE-Edu meeting in May in Switzerland, along with the Multimedia developers, this will allow more interaction with sound business! I have a full agenda for it and will make the most of it as I probably won't be able to go to Akademy as it's holiday time for the children which means I have them 24/24 (and no, I can't bring the 2 youngest along, it's a bit too costly!) Maybe when Akademy is in France!
I am also maintaining the techbase page on how to build KDE trunk up-to-date (which is not so easy!), I hope it will be helpful for new GSoCs and SoK students!
2 comments:
Hi annma,
Good to see that you're maintaining that techbase page!
Well, I have a suggestion - how about having a mega-super-script that asks the user what to build from trunk - kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase and stuff, using y/n options - and then builds them, and also updates the sources when the user asks.
This will greatly help newbies and people who want to get a working system right away.
Cheers,
Aditya
That script has existed for many years - it's called kdesvn-build: http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/
Post a Comment