Within the monthly Atelier KDE in Toulouse organized by Kévin "ervin" Ottens we had today a focus on KOffice 2.2. Jean-Nicolas Artaud and Benjamin Port presented this new release (including some nifty KPresenter 3D transition effects that are in trunk). They highlighted new features and also talked about their contribution as students of Toulouse University. I was very much impressed by the work done by these students, the Xinerama KPresenter feature totally rocks. Benjamin will carry on his work in KOffice as a GSoC coding 3D animations for KPresenter. He is finishing right now the HTML export for KPresenter.
Congratulations to the whole KOffice team on this release and special congratulations and thanks to Benjamin and Jean-Nicolas for their work and lively presentation!
We followed the presentation and questions by having some drinks and cakes!
Tricky KHangMan bug
I also made a test case for the KHangMan desert SVG background which has a dark band or garbage band on the right and I can't understand why it is so. The SVG itself seems good, I don't have any clue on what happens. I coded a minimum window which displays the Sea Theme background SVG pic correctly but the Desert one is wrong. If anyone wants to have a look, just run KHangMan and switch to the Desert theme... Any hint on where to look would be highly appreciated!
2 comments:
To fix desert:
open in inkscape
ungroup background image
select cactus
press left 14 times to move it
group background image
set Object Property Id/Label to background/#background (as it was before the ungroup)
save it
dunno why!!
Hi Deri
Thanks a lot!!! That was it, awesome! And thanks for the detailed explanations :-)
Post a Comment