Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Modern Times

As I had problems compiling kdebase with some libs getting in the way (from where, mystery) I resolved to rm kdebase and have fresh sources. That was a good time to upgrade my whole machine. Using Mandrake, upgrades are easy and while I did not want to upgrade everything, I installed a new kernel, a 2.6 (.8). This went smoothly. Then I also ditched XFree to go with xorg. So even if I am not using unsermake and gstreamer (yet), I did make a giant step into modernity!
So now I am recompiling all of KDE and also wondering how to get translucency for my K Menu.
Got wonderful Bulgarian data files for KHangMan with words and definitions (used as tip). Also a nice contributor is helping with KTurtle by writing scripts (Perl) which will help us to extend some examples in all available languages (in KTurtle the keywords are translated which makes updates difficult). KTurtle already gets numerous users, I guess the majority of them are parents who were taught Logo and now they teach it to their own kids :-)
Too bad that I don't live in England anymore, the Live Aid DVD set is a must have! Hope it'll reach Canada soon.

No comments: