Monday, November 29, 2004

JS -> KJSEmbed

Today I started to hack KJSEmbed code! Wooo! KJSEmbed is a library for embedding the KJS Javascript (ECMAScript) interpreter in KDE applications. You can find it in kdebindings (might be the only subdir in kdebindings that will compile for you actually ;). So Ian (aka geiseri) hacked a small math utility to allow his cousin to play with maths. You can find it in docs/examples/madminute in kjsembed source. What are the advantages versus normal C++? Easyness! All dialogs are designed in Qt Designer (thus are very intuitive) and the KJSEmbed code is easy enough so you learn it very quickly. Having a base app like the math app Ian did makes it very easy to customize it for one's needs. I added in 2 minutes a config option for setting the maximum value of the number range. Teachers could use some template apps and extend them to their needs.
Not sure where/how I can post a screenshot on the planet. Nope, the image website must be too temporary :( Only early readers saw it... Too bad!

Ah, and Hi to Blandine if she reads this because she already finishes her homework but has to stay in the classroom! ;-) I guess you won't catch anything about it but I add some xxxx just for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more Sales!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a repair scan window xprepair scan window xp site/blog. It pretty much covers repair scan window xp Problems with your Windows Xp Computing !
Come and check it out if you get time We are just a Click Away ! :-)