Translators are cool people. It's hard work to translate an app, either GUI or handbook. Translators do it silently et efficiently. And we, edu people, we give them further work with data to translate as well! So a big thank to all people working in i18n, you make it possible that our software is really free for everybody (I recently read an article about a country for which Microsoft did not provide a translated Windows thus this country government will choose free software and Microsoft are therefore unhappy). In the process translators also test the app. So Pino, an Italian translator, found a bug in KHangMan. I foolishly changed the packages that are downloaded via KNewStuff to accomodate the new 3.4 code and I did not realize they would not be compliant with KHangMan 3.3 series code. As soon as I saw the bug report, I understood what the problem was. So I lacked a global view here, HEAD and branches (keep in mind the whole tree, annma).
Ah, and I started the Bo in karate. The bo is a wooden stick and while our coach manies it very swiftly so it looks so easy, it's in fact very difficult. There are other weapons we'll learn to use later on. I managed to smack my bo repetively against my left arm which is turning quite blue and sore... Like everything else, karate needs to be praticed and practiced. I'll go to an international session next February with a Japanese master, I guess I will be quite impressed. As you can see, I like karate a lot, I like the mind+body association, I like the friendship!
No comments:
Post a Comment