Thursday, June 02, 2005

"En route" towards 4!

Yesterday was the day of new beginnings. I used unsermake for the first time, fine piece of building. I can't say if it's quicker than automake as I had several builds going on all day long. With a few edu devels fellows, we started porting kdeedu to Qt4/KDE4 so it was also my first Qt4 coding steps. I ported KLettres and KHangMan quite easily as they are quite small. However, if KHangMan compiles correctly, it does not work at the moment. I realise I'll have to do some reading (the amazingly good Qt API docs) in order to be at ease with the new classes and new methods.
Once more, I found the KDE developers very nice, patient and helpful. Some of them had already ported kdelibs and kdebase so they know some tricks and they guide the newcomers.
Today was the first real summer day and I played "kick-ball" (strange combination of base ball with a big ball) at Léah'school (parents were invited to do so but I was the only one! well, the other parents work...) and back at home we enjoyed the swimming-pool. Too bad my 2 older daughters are at school for 2 added weeks as there was a strike in March and now they have to take some extra-time to finish the program.
And for those who don't know it: I got my green-blue belt at karate. I was not sure if I had managed it as we changed style recently. Debs also got it :)</proud>

No comments: