As the holidays are beginning for my children, my availability for KDE will decrease (proportionally to the number of kids on holidays ;-) And as we'll all go to France for a month holiday, I won't have an internet connection. Leisure and family will prevail! C++, php, release, *make, etc, will sleep in a corner of my brain. I hope people in KDE-Edu will take charge and seek what they want to do for the 3.5 release.
I am quite tired of the lack of dynamic in the group. People rely too much on me as "maintainer", they think I have to take all decisions. This is not what I want, for me a maintainer is just a bridge between the module and the rest of KDE. Some programs are not maintained and did not see a line of code in the past year. And during the past months, nearly all emails I sent to the edu mailing list got no answers... So it's a good thing that I step away for a while and see what is done. After aKademy, in September, I hope people will be more involved in the project and not just hack on their own program. For example, a contact needs to be made with Skolelinux people. We should also think about networks in classrooms and adapt our code. And what do we want to achieve for kde4?
...
And yeah, Janis Joplin is still one of the best! (-> title)
No comments:
Post a Comment