Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Spirit Carries On

My spirits have been lifted this week.First I thought I would have few time but the weather being awful Léah could not go swimming or cycling, Debs did some cooking and spent time with her little sister thus I got time to do things on my laptop. KHangMan is now working, thanks to Albert (aka TSDgeos, lower g, ;-) who fixed the flickering. I see his code and it makes sense except I could not come up with it myself... He fixed the utf8 problem that was getting on my nerves, then he also fixed KPassivePopup which needed a show() call after the move(x,y) except show() positioned it back to (0,0)... Albert made a patch for KPassivePopup which I hope will get accepted into kdelibs. Albert's biggest quality (besides being a C++ guru) is that he can dive into someone else's code very easily and he is willing to do so.
Also several new devels joined KDE-Edu and started to work on existing projects. Welcome to them!
KTouch has the statistics back and you can view your progress on charts. Kalzium is all new and shiny and has a preview release out today, KWordQuiz and KVocTrain have KGetNewStuff actions... KDE-Edu is blooming! KDE-Edu new features for KDE 3.5 can be found here.

And I even have presents for Father's Day before the last minute!

No comments: