Monday, July 18, 2005

Holiday

In 45 minutes, 2 friends are coming to drive us all (yes, we are 6) plus the luggage to the airport and we'll fly to France! That was quite a logistic required to get it all done, some friends taking care of the cat and the blue fish (different friends ;-), another friend coming during our month leave to take the mail, someone hired to mown the lawn, a friend taking care of the swimming pool... We found that we Europeans are easier to take the first step and making friends with neighbours, people here are a bit shy to do it first but when the first step is done, well, it's good to feel integrated! I'll bring my laptop although I did not manage to find a plug adapter yet, I hope the airport will have some. There's no phone in the house we'll live in so no internet either. Maybe my bro will share his dialup connection so I can keep an eye on things but that's not sure. Anyway this is meant as a family time so the laptop will mainly be used to put the pics in. And also Léah will practice her mental calculation skills with Kalcul (ah, that's horrible, giving kids some homework on holiday!).
See you all in a month!

No comments: