I was debugging KHangMan yesterday and I found a fine piece of code (that I once wrote, shame). I use a for loop in a QStringList and while in the loop I change the content of the list, casually removing strings here and there. The aim of this code is to remove duplicated entries in the QStringList. Of course, the above does not work at all, as you could guess. Fortunately, Qt has iterators. An iterator is used to traverse a container class and, beauty, an iterator can work with a container that changes during the traverse! (as mpyne pointed to me yesterday evening).
A special thank to Inge Wallin who cleaned the KHangMan code. He renamed the class members sanely, added comments and so on. Some quiet work but it makes a huge difference!
Akademy started and several edu developers are there. I am waiting to see some streams, it does not seem to work at the moment.
I am busy preparing the kids stuff for school. We bought Debs a new cheap laptop as hers was totally wrecked down. As teachers will be on strike, the 2 oldest girls will start on Tuesday instead of Monday and the 2 youngest on Thursday instead of Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment