Yesterday night I was reading "e: The Story Of A Number" by Eli Maor and some parts were about infinity. Fascinating maths! As ralsina said in his blog, most of the maths fun happened last century. However, a few very known challenges remain, some were presented by Hilbert and only a few were solved. Some of them are very easy to understand. One says that a number is transcendental if it cannot be a solution of a polynomial equation with integer coefficients. Charles Hermite proved in 1873 that e is transcendental. But it is not known if e+pi is transcendental. Or e at the power of e. So there are a few problems left for you to solve! See here if you want to tackle one!
This might be my last blog for a while as we are about to move to France next Wednesday. We are in the process of putting things in boxes and selling electrical. I don't want to think about the plane trip, I'll have Clarisse, Clarisse's bag, my backpack and my laptop (in a hideous green suitcase I need to take a pic of that someday), and that's just me in the plane. Of course when we bought the plane tickets in March, all beds for little babies were booked. At least I'll get a seat in front so I'll be able to strech my legs. We need 2 cars waiting for us in Lyon's airport. We'll be in Burgondy until mid August so our stuff can cross the ocean by boat and safely arrive in France in time.
See you all in a while!
1 comment:
Have a nice trip to Toulouse :)
Post a Comment