First a great doc at http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html allowed me to quickly rebuild KDE4 from scratch.
qt-copy, kdelibs, kdebase and kdeedu compiled like a breeze.
KhangMan in KDE4 got fixed, I did not look yet who fixed it but thanks. As I am at it, thanks to all people who updated languages data for KHangMan and KLettres.
People keep asking about how KDE4 looks like. Here you can see KHAngMan from KDE 3.5:

And this is how it looks like in KDE4:

They are alike for the moment as is the rest of KDE 4 alike KDE 3.5. Lot of work was needed to achieve that and of course kdelibs which you cannot "see" has been reworked a lot.
Moving from one continent to another is not without many small troubles. Changing all electrical adapters is one, well only for 110V-220V devices, we sold all 110V electrical except I kept my 5.1 sound system, I thought the transformer would be 110-220... DVD regions is another. We kept a TV from England with a DVD player to view region 2 DVDs but the VCR is English and won't record in France. The last trouble I did not expect is that 2 out of 3 of our wifi cards in laptops don't work. Because of frequencies I think. Ah, when will we see a world where we'd be free to use what we buy?
No comments:
Post a Comment