So we're settled in France and after the start of school I at least can breathe a little. Last Saturday I drove to Lyon to get Debs and her boxes in her new student flat. She won't come every week-end so it's like the end of her childhood... I love driving (it was a 1100km trip) although nowadays one has to respect speed limits (I saw a flash once so I am crossing fingers not to get a fine), which I was not used to. It's interesting to meet new people, all of them on the move, sharing a brief instant of their lives while buying a coffee and chatting. And it's thrilling to see how France has so lovely places, full of history.
I went to one of Toulouse LUG on wednesday evening where I met ervin. The LUG is very active and full of projects, centered not only on free software but also on other freedoms such as free music. As all LUGs it was very nice and whatever gender and age, everybody relates easily; plus I was not declared secretary like in my old LUG! (cliché).
I was thrilled by Koffice progression these last 2 months. New developers joined and the team is very solid and brilliant. Everybody must try KOffice 1.6 when it's out because it's just amazing. The beta will be out soon and you have to take the opportunity to test it and report bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment