Thursday, December 21, 2006

Quiet but busy

The doc freeze was lifted for KDE 3.5.6 coming in January so I set myself to some doc tasks to improve the new release. This led me to translating the Akregator doc to French to help my mother tongue team effort now that the 3.5 branch is frozen again for strings. Having a French keyboard helps in that matter even if I still struggle with a/q.
The KDevelop team released 3.4 RC2 (aka 3.3.94) which sees lots of bug fixes so if you use a 3.3 version you'll be happy to upgrade, it's really worth it. It runs on KDE 3.4.x and 3.5.x.
Christmas holiday has started as my daughter Blandine came last Wednesday from Montréal (she is finishing her Graphics diploma there) and Debs came yesterday from Lyon (fashion university diploma) so we are all reunited which is the best Christmas present for all of us. Yesterday we celebrated Debs 20th birthday. Clarisse is overjoyed as she has even more attention now. She is crawling all around the house and saying "da da da" with conviction. I am not busy buying presents but wrapping other people presents: the scouts parents (Léah is a scout) do that to raise money for all the activities. Léah's school also needed parents to help with the swimming lessons in April and May (no parents would have meant no swimming) and I had to take a sort of swimming exam in order to get the required authorization.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello annma!

I'm trying to learn French recently - and sometimes I am in a need for French characters for dictionaries, sending homework to my teacher and the likes.
I use Hungarian and English layouts otherwise, and compared to these, its layout is pretty different - I never seem to find the characters I want :)

So I was thinking of learning the French layout using ktouch, but noticed it is missing... Any news about fixing it for kde 3.5.6? After all, French is pretty important language, isn't it? All the cool stuff in philosophy in the 20th century was written in French :) (One of the reasons I'm trying to learn in :)

annma said...

Hi Molnár,

It is fixed for KDE 3.5.6! I had a look at KTouch in November and fixed a few things here and there. I think I fixed the fr layout (I am not sure it is really fixed though, a color was not shown correctly) and I re-enabled it. I also added Dvorak-French support.
This AZERTY keyboard of us French is indeed quite difficult!
Good luck with your French lessons and enjoy next KDE 3.5.6!

Anne-Marie

LaihoLover said...

Hi Mummy!
Its your daughter Déborah!! go check out my blog at : http://laiholover.blogspot.com
Feel free to leave a comment on how beautiful your daughters are!
Love you mummy!
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for the fix! You are wonderful people, you kde developers!

I wish You and your family very happy holidays!