Friday, December 29, 2006

Travelling ;-)

I have been travelling the world fast yesterday, I visited almost all countries! Via KGeography of course. Albert has been kind enough to (very quickly) implement my request of being able to name the divisions in a country whenever possible (like Departments for France, States for USA and so on) and asked me to update the text files accordingly. This will be in KDE4. KGeography gets more and more maps, thanks to contributors all over the world.
Seeing me working on KGeography prompted my daughter to beg me to use my laptop while I'll shower in order to "play with the cool game and test herself". If kids have the desire to learn by themselves, all I can say is that KGeography fulfills its goal!
So for all people who are saying that KDE4 is not happening fast enough, you are wrong! Lots of work is being done (even on holiday break!), from having clean and solid kdelibs and building cool frameworks thanks to the core devels to improving programs. KDE 4 needs first a complete review of the core libs and this is the most important and hard and long work. It's happening for KDevelop and KOffice as well. Once this is done, development is very quick.
I am working on updating KDE-Edu translations to French as I'll go to a French Free Software event (Journées du Libre - Auch) where I'll demonstrate our edu apps along with GCompris author.
Best wishes for an excellent 2007 year to you all!

No comments: