My husband is keen in using Free Software as much as possible for his work and I was telling him my friends use Latex Beamer for their presentations. He used to use SliTeX but that was not up to the job. he was happy to learn about Beamer. So we competed to see who will be first to have a Latex-Beamer working installation. Our distribution somehow did not have it so we installed from sources. I won!
As a coincidence, Thomas from my LUG asked me if I wanted to do a KDE presentation for our next LUG meeting on Wednesday evening! I felt obliged to say yes as I was not very much involved in the LUG activities these past 2 months. So here I am feeling the Ultimate Geek using LaTeX!!! I must say Beamer is very neat and the pdf output is impressive. There's a Beamer template available for KDDE presentations, thanks to Kévin, so half the work is already done. Well, the other half requires my attention now!
\end{post}
5 comments:
I use LaTeX for everything but the simplest documents, where OO.org (and in the future, KOffice) is better suited.
For the rest I use LaTeX through pdflatex and it rocks.
Hi there,
where can I find the templates you mentioned? I'm going to speak about cool KDE applications in May at a university and I'd like to use that template.
If possible, just mail me the link to my GMail account.
kind regards and thanks in advance,
Tobias Weisserth
Hi Tobias,
You can get the beamer KDE template here:
http://www.kde.org/kdeslides/templates/OxygenBeamerTemplate.tar.gz
It's very neat!
Cheers,
Anne-Marie
For slides in latex, there's ther _very_ powerful prosper class.
Even better is ha-prosper and it's successor powerdot
http://stuwww.uvt.nl/~hendri/index.html?/~hendri/Downloads/haprosper.html&mainframeha
Enjoy :-)
I use Beamer for all the presentations I hold. I saw a presentation with the Oxygen style while downloading svn source of some KDE4 package (can't remember which one, though). Well, that presentation was with Oxygen style and with Beamer, of course, and it looked very nice. I wanted to ask the author where did he find the style, but I didn't...
Therefore, thank you for pointing the URL that I was too lazy to find myself :)
A bientôt :)
Brcha
Post a Comment