Saturday, March 17, 2007

Statistics

Someone asked me recently how many developers there was in KDE-Edu and I could not assess the number. Thus I analyzed the current situation and I'm happy to share the figures with you. It's quite amazing as you will discover. It shows that most developers are quiet people who don't blog much and stay in the shadows of KDE, especially as KDE4 is not out yet.
For KDE4 edu development, we had 12 people who joined KDE-Edu! Yes, twelve, isn't that impressive? We have new developers for KVocTrain, Kiten, KTurtle, KmPlot, Kalzium, we have new projects in development in playground,... We have a developer who made a comeback: he started a program, had to stay away from KDE develpment for a few years and now he is back in the team. This also includes an artist, Johan, who does artwork for Kalzium. From the "older" developers (KDE3), 10 are still active while 4 intend to do work but do not have so much time.
If we add it up it's quite a big team and it shows at a small scale how Free Software Projects work, with a flow of people contributing, with people very active then driven away by life (having Clarisse and moving home last year made me quite inactive for several months for example) and new people joining.
I'd like to warmly thank all the KDE-Edu team for making it such an active project and to encourage new people to join the KDE community! And welcome to the new contributors!

No comments: