After the nice edu meeting at FOSDEM last Sunday morning, I started a wiki page so people can write down their ideas. I took few notes during the meeting so it's difficult to build a report on that. The wiki will help and I already got some feedback :-)
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=FOSDEM2007EduReport
I'll then send that to all people who were present and to other people who could not come. We need to promote better Free Software in Education and that's why we need to work together. The idea of a general wiki where people using Free Software could be listed would be good. Skolelinux already has a webpage listing the schools who use it.
Another side effect of FOSDEM is that I started ported KioskTool to KDE 4 but it's quite long. The more we wait for porting programs to KDE 4 the more it's painful to do so. I'm struggling with subclassing the .ui files and also with DCOP to DBUS. First goal is to make it build... Scripts like am2cmake and qt3to4 work well but there's lot of code still to be ported. Well, all KDE core devels have to do boring stuff as well so it's not an exception!
No comments:
Post a Comment