On Sunday morning I had the KDE room for 3 hours to conduct a workshop on "Free Educational Software: Working Together". The aim was to gather various people involved in Free Educational Software (developers, associations members, distributions,...) and to see how we can collaborate better. 20 to 25 people attended which was good and I'll put together a note on what we debated on. More on that in the next days. Warm thanks to all people who participated and also thanks to Bart for letting me have the room. A cool idea would be to have a scheduled track next year with presentations in FOSDEM.
In the afternoon, I attended the 3 KDE talks: Krita by Bart Coppens (the demos were excellent), KDE4 by Jos Poortvliet (the room was packed) and KDE e.V. by Sebastian Kügler.
See all that on pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/75461282%40N00/sets/72157594557713350/
All KDE talks were very interesting and I learnt quite a lot as I was not familiar with Nepomuk and Strigi. No need to say that I am a Krita fan and the Flake shapes are so good in KOffice (how about a kid app with the shapes and a few stamps and colors?)
It was then time to go to the airport and take the plane back to Toulouse. I enjoyed traveling with Kévin (ervin), it made the transport time go very fast :-)
Very nice meeting you all! I had a great and very productive time!
Back at home my husband dealt OK with the kids. Even if Clarisse is #5 and he is now experienced, it's a lot of work to have a crawling baby to look after. Big hug!
1 comment:
Hey Mummy!!
Super les photos! C'est vrai que les rues sentaient le chocolat?? Faudra trop que j'y aille!!!
J'espère que t'as bien profité d'être 'annma' plusieurs jours, ça a l'air vraiment nice la-bas :D
Bisous jtm xxxxx
Post a Comment