Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hacking Day

Today Kévin "ervin" organized a hacking day in Toulouse at the University Paul Sabatier. Some of his students were here as well as 2 of Kévin's friends who want to learn more about KDE developing and it was a very pleasing day (thanks to my husband who looked after the kids, I'll be away again at FOSDEM next week-end so I'm glad he is able to do everything at home :-).
We first started by setting icecream (I managed to erase my gcc but with the help of Thiago and another guy in the Mandriva channel on IRC it was quickly repaired)

then we went on hacking. I helped Flo making a patch for icemon (window not keeping its size and text too bold). His first patch, he would like to contribute to KDE so it's a great start. Everybody was cheerful and had a good time.


At the moment I am working on KAppTemplate, an application in kdesdk. It's a script that generates KDE templates to allow you to start developing easily. At the moment it generates 1 working KDE4 template and I am working on another one which was based on DCOP and should thus include DBus calls. However I did not really get it how QdBus is working. Also I have a bit of trouble with CMake as when I run make, the .moc files are not found in the build dir although correctly generated. So more tweaking needed. I'll write a doc when the templates are working as it's one of those things that exist but few people know about it.
Thanks Kévin for a great hacking day and I'll post the group pic as soon as I get it as I don't have taken any myself.

2 comments:

Kassan said...

It was a nice saturday, thanks you all, see you next time ;)

luxtin said...

Thanks annma for helping me on the patch for icemon. It was a great pleasure to meet you, and i hope to see you soon.