I arrived in Brussels by plane with ervin and after some walk to drop our things at our hotels we went to see the Grand Place and some touristical things (of course it started to rain) with Guillaume, a nice French guy who was at the Youth Hostel. I was starving as we only had a sandwiche in the plane and believe it or not, in Belgium the streets smell chocolate! We joined the Roy d'Espagne early and that was good as it got quickly packed and people could not sit anymore. I met ThomasZ and guess what, suddenly Jonathan appeared! He said the previous day he could not come but a KDE gathering has such an attraction power that he had to be there. My English was a bit rusty but it improved after 2 beers ;-) People easily recognize me from the pic and from the fact that I have a unique profile in KDE while I am not so good in recognizing them. Kurt from Skolelinux was also sitted close. We had a great time and moved to another pub after Adriaan and others arrived. Fortunately on Saturday the day started at only 10:00 am and first we had a talk about patents in Europe. The talk was very interesting and straight to the point. The OLPC talk was less interesting as Jim Gettys showed the laptop hardware specs and talked little about software and even less about potential issues. Well it's difficult to cover it all in 1 hour. The afternoon the KDE room opened and I met more people. I attended the talks there then we went to dinner. The group splitted in 2 groups and my group went to a local restaurant. There the waitres thought I was a teacher with my students! We had a good laugh about it. I got to met Claire and Wendy (yes, 3 women in a group of 10, now that's better than all figures I saw until now) and I really enjoyed the dinner. The Amarok team shared their ideas for KDE4 but took time to eat ;-)
A very friendly day!
A very friendly day!
No comments:
Post a Comment