I'll bring qt-copy from trunk in my laptop which is now Qt 4.3 beta and I plan to test something I'd always wanted to do: put some QWidget on a former canvas, now a QGraphicsView. This is now easily possible thanks to Andreas and the Trolltech labs. The pros and cons are described in Andreas'blog.
On IRC we chatted about KDE 3 and KDE 4 environments and how to develop KDE 4 programs with KDevelop 3.4 (in KDE 3) when you have separate users for each environment. milliams came with a very good tip to do so which I share with you. You use the great Alt-F2 command and type kdevelop (yes, I know, until there, nothing new). Wait! Expand the Options and check
"Run as a different user"
then add your KDE 4 user name and password.

KDevelop 3.4 will then start but it'll load all the environment variables from KDE 4. From there you can start a Qt 4 template or import an already existing KDE 4 program. If you work with a KDE 4 imported program, import it as "Generic C++ (custom buildsystem)" and then set cmake this way: in the Project Options dialog, Make Options tab, set the name to the make executable to point to a script. This custom shell script should "source ~/.bashrc" and then run "cmake" and "make" etc.
Thanks a lot to milliams for sharing that!
Another tip: in the "Project Options" dialog, "C++ Support" tab, be sure that your Qt points to Qt 4. You can set there the path to qmake and designer.
Update: another KDevelop setting for developing KDE 4 apps can be found on techbase.
Have fun with KDevelop and KDE 4 development. This week-end is the last week-end for kdelibs changes, I can't wait to come back in 2 weeks and see the latest goodies there, KNewStuff2 being the one I am most waiting for!
No comments:
Post a Comment