Klettres is thus a very simple program. It looks so simple that it is sometimes overlooked. I am not sure it is included in Edubuntu. However, having already 13 languages shows that it is used. It is used in Uganda and in India for example. I also recently got a mail from someone who uses it for teaching kids with Cerebral Palsy. Very often, free educational software help reeducation and rehabilitation of adults. GCompris, the well known educational suite of activities for children is also used in such reeducational environment for example to help people recover their memory or to help moving hands and arms with some simple exercises and so on.
I coded support for svg backgrounds in KLettres these past 2 days. KLettres graphical interface is very simple and thus it needs nice backgrounds. Thanks to Danny Allen, KLettres has 3 svg different backgrounds, the "Desert" one was already there as png in KLettres for KDE 3 and Danny made 2 more nice backgrounds, one for kids and one more for adults. Also a big thank you to Pino Toscano who cleaned the KLettres code and provided a nice and easy management for different colors and widgets locations.
The mandatory screenshot

Leah is reading the Harry Potter books so I guess KLettres got her started well!
No comments:
Post a Comment