Friday, November 30, 2007

First KDE-Edu meeting - Day 0

We started to invade Paris, Jeremy from USA and Frederik from Germany were the first to safely arrive yesterday then Mauricio, Patrick, Vladimir and his wife and myself joined today. Vladimir and his wife, from Moscow, got their visa only yesterday evening! At one point I phoned the French embassy in Moscow then my husband sent them faxes but in the end it all went well. We had an appointment with Anne from Mandriva at 4:30 pm and were warmly welcome in the Mandriva offices. Wifi and icecream are already roaming and we started to get to know each other and to update our sources. The room is big and very nice. We have quite a full agenda, I noted some more ideas while in the train (my son suggested that Step includes 'Incredible Machine'-like puzzles), an idea that I'll discuss with Vladimir. I will also test a ruby script that I need to refresh in order to be able to package Step from playground and to have it make its "débuts" in the wild!
Parley is implementing KNewStuff.
Keep watching this blog for more news about this meeting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We (well, me :P) want photos!

liquidat said...

The "Incredible Machines" idea is great! I spent hours with that game years ago, and would immediately start again when there would be something similar on KDE! Kudos to your son for that idea :)

Unknown said...

If you guys add an Incredible-Machine-like app I will love you forever!!!

Enjoy Paris!