Thursday, May 29, 2008

LinuxEdu Pride

On Saturday 31 May in the Paul Sabatier University of Toulouse will be the first LinuxEdu Pride where I'll be presenting and demoing KDE-Edu. There will be a talk track (I have the opening slot from 10h15 to 11h) and also an install party + demos in another room. If you live in the area, you can drop by and help promoting KDE and KDE-Edu!
LinuxEdu is a group of teachers promoting Free Software in Education in the Toulouse area. I wish this event to be a success and the start of more Free Software use in Education in France. Meeting the people directly involved is great, thanks Remi for organizing this event! I'll especially enjoy it as I was not involved in promotion since the KDE 4.0 release!

Another exciting event on Saturday evening is that I'm going to the soccer stadium with my son Joachim aged 17 (and trying to be as tall as SaroEngels, reaching 1.90m now) to watch the French Team ("Les bleus") play a friendly match against Paraguay in the preparation for Euro 2008!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Allez les bleus !!!

Marcus D. Hanwell said...

Sounds great - hope the event goes well!