Letting you all know that I already mostly was on vacation in July (we spent 1 wonderful week in England at Mersea Island) and that I'll be away the whole of August (3 weeks in my family village in Burgundy and 1 week by the sea), my husband will go to Canada for 2 weeks for his work and our son Joachim is heading to the Ivory Coast for 3 weeks. With Blandine in Brazil, we invade 3 continents!
I won't be at Akademy and won't be able to follow anything as the house we live in in Burgundy has no land phone and even less internet. I do have a cell phone since recently but not a G3 one ;) Wifi is quite unknown of in this rural area... I'll be back in September in full working mode for KDE! Meanwhile it's family priority.
I wish you all a great and productive Akademy, heading towards 4.2 and congrats to everyone for 4.1. I'll make sure to casually log into KDE trunk on my new laptop (I plan to try to work a bit on edu progs) and let people react to what they see, so far I got "woow, waaw". KWin effects just rock and plasma look is simply amazing!
4 comments:
Wish you a happy vacation !
Sorry to disturb you! kgeography seems to be a lovely software programme, just loaded in onto my comp. But I was surprised to note that India is not included. Or am I missing something? If not, could you kindly help? I'm based here and keen to see more Free Software in education. -- Frederick Noronha http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com http://fn.goa-india.org (co-founder, BytesForAll).
Please see: http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/educational-resources-from-azimpremjifoundationorg/
Thanks Vladimir! Too bad I will not see Step at Akademy, I am sure your talk will be a success!
@Frederick: India is included in KGeography in KDE 4.1 which got out yesterday, see
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/kdeedu/kgeography/data/
I'd love to work more closely with you and Indian people, maybe I can come to FOSS.IN to present KDE-Edu!
Post a Comment