Well the title is slightly misleading as these are 2 separate events ;) Tonight I'll be giving a talk about KDE-Edu in an Educational oriented LUG meeting. As I said in a previous post, it's possible that IT in maths will be introduced in French schools so the more people aware of Free Software the better. We'll have 5 lightining talks about Free Educational Software.
After my talk about KDE 4 two weeks ago, some of my friends started translating techbase to French. Which triggered a German translation start! Thanks luxtin and Jeff for you dedication to KDE!
Tomorrow evening in Toulouse, also organized by my LUG is a talk from Richard Stallman about Free Software in general. Of course it's free and it's here: Cinéma Utopia de Toulouse, 24, rue Montardy at 9:00pm. Always a pleasure to hear Richard and to get some good points in order to convince people (Richard speaks perfect French). I'll go with my husband (a researcher in Meteorology) who would like to spread Free Software in his workplace. While people have Linux on their machines in dual boot, they often use software per habit, they are not aware of Free Software alternatives and also they don't see the importance of it. Octave for example is an excellent alternative to some other proprietary tools, it's just that people are reluctant to change.
3 comments:
Thank you annma for talking about our traduction efforts. This is very encouraging !
Scilab is not Free Software.
Yes, I was not aware that Scilab is not free, thanks for pointing that out! Why do people choose to reduce freedom in some way just in order to protect some interest (or so they think)? That's very disapointing, I 'll suppress mention of Scilab in my post.
Post a Comment