With all the base work done in Plama code, doing that applet took 2 hours. That shows how important the design of Plasma is and after the "unseen" work is done, it'll be a breathe to code tons of plasmoids.

The configuration dialog looks like:

This is a quick work and it has to be improved of course. Chosing the pictures you want, maybe flip the picture and write a comment on the back or change metadata (idea from J.P. :) or upload pics to Flickr (idea from Richard :)...
The mandatory screencast (which does not show much as it's too small, I am so amateurish in those things): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-vkOAiygcY
7 comments:
hey anne!
i have thought about doing something like this, because i really miss a pictures of my girlfriend on my desktop... unfortunatelly i did not find a good tutorial.
how did you do this? may i have your code???
br
ramin
Hi Ramin,
This is KDE4 which is in Alpha version only! KDE 4 will be out in October if all goes well. Meanwhile this code will be in playground probably, not sure where. I'll post the link when I have it but you need KDE4 from svn to run it!
Thanks for your interest!
Anne-Marie
hey anna,
i thought it would look better this way: http://fredmorcos.googlecode.com/files/pic_plasmoid.png
tc :)
Hi Fred!
Wooow, yes (I am not much of an artist ;-) Can you send me the specs for the frame you use please? annma AT kde DOT org
Thanks in advance, Plasma is about beauty and you make that happen!
Anne-Marie
that's cool!
But I wonder is the frame done in SVG? If not.. why not? is it possible/easy/expected to be done in SVG in plasma? =)
Yes, it would be nice to have the frame in SVG. That way you would be able to theme it.
On other words, I suggest adding support for pictures from Panoramio.
Doing the frame in SVG would be possible but I am not sure how. At first I did a plain rectangle on which I painted the image. I am quite totally unable to do anything using Inkscape in fact! Can Edulix or you Victor send me one?
Victor, is there a KDE frontend to Panoramio (like there is one for Flickr)?
Post a Comment