To install those, it's easy:
- untar the tarball (starting with gmm if you don't have it): tar jxvf nnnn.tar.bz2
- cd into the dir
- mkdir build
- cd build
- cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIRS -DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE:BOOL=true
DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull ..
- make
- make install (or su -c 'make install')
Step will not be shipped with KDE 4.0 so you're likely to get some crashes but I am quite sure you'll enjoy the neat and intuitive interface, the pre-loaded examples, the interactive help, the integrated context info and the list of available bodies and forces. As Vladimir puts it on the Step website: "With Step you can not only learn but feel how physics works!"
1 comment:
OT:
eh... I wish I had similar application for mockups in KDE. Something like http://www.mockupscreens.com/ but with GUI from Steps.
Using Qtdesigner or Scribus for mockups of video applications or IM applications isn't fun :(
Anyone knows is there any sane mockup app for Linux?
Post a Comment