The family PC being the family one, I don't have access to it so much and thus left it alone. A few days ago someone asked about KDE-Edu apps on the OLPC on KDE-Edu mailing list and I thought I would look at it more. Rebuilding Sugar was a pain, I had to remove some sources to restart from scratch but after insisting on it I got it running up-to-date.
I used this page: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora for the build.
I then googled to see what I could digg about Qt and the OLPC and found a Qt4 Activity template from Arklinux. I set to build it and it persisted not to find my Qt4 moc but I overcame this by generating the .moc files manually. Please note that I used my system Qt4 and what I don't know yet whether it is easy to get Qt build for the OLPC. The result can be seen here:

Looks like it's not so difficult to have Qt-based Activities on the OLPC!
2 comments:
It's good to see that bero's month in Ethiopia is bringing good things to the wider community too! :)
For your moc issue, did you try "--with-qt=/usr/lib/qt4"?
Getting a Qt 4 onto the OLPC might be as easy as taking the version from Fedora 7, as dist-olpc2 inherits from dist-fc7. Some dependencies might have to be imported from F7 too. If that doesn't work, the packages can also be rebuilt.
Post a Comment