Thursday, December 13, 2007

KDE 4 in French

For 2 days, I have been running KDE 4 in French on a new $KDEHOME. This allows me to first detect some translation inconsistencies and also to test a lot of programs in another language. This is very important as usually French (and probably other countries as well ;) don't understand English and on Edu progs where there is data available (like KTurtle examples and translated commands), everything should be in French when started in fr_FR.
I found that KTouch training lectures and keyboard files were in a silly order. Some training files had a title in their language, others were in English. I thought a bit about it and browsed in the bugs database where I indeed found a bug report about that. I remembered that KGeography extracts strings from xml to translate thus I called Albert "tsdgeos" at the rescue. He provided a patch so this is now fixed. Thanks to Albert for always being there! Also thanks to all translators, your work is one of the most important for reaching users. KHangMan got Greek support yesterday as well, that rocks!

No comments: